Lions Club of Austinmer/Thirroul Inc
Chartered 15th June 1959. Sponsoring Club: Lions Club of Wollongong, NSW
WHERE THE MOUNTAINS MEET THE SEA
- The suburb of Thirroul is approximately 16 kms north of Wollongong and approximately 65 kms south of Sydney.
- Accessed either via the Princes Highway, down Bulli Pass, or the magnificent Sea Cliff Bridge from the north via Lawrence Hargrave Drive
- Beautiful beaches overlooked by the Illawarra Escarpment which contains lush rainforests, walking tracks, lookouts and cycle tracks with magnificent beach walks.
"Thurrull" was the Aboriginal name for the area before it was named Robbinsville. The Aboriginal interpretation means "Land of the Cabbage Tree Palm" . These Palms are still visible throughout the escarpment.
- The Lions Club has been providing service to the Community for over 55 years.
- Over A$1 million has been raised and distributed to individuals, organisations and community groups.
- Over 17,000 volunteer hours have been contributed by members and volunteers.
- The Lions Ladies of the Club have given many years and hours of service and support towards these achievements.
This is very much "Ordinary people doing extraordinary things" - supporting people within our community of the Northern Illawarra, and the broader national and international. community..
WANT TO JOIN?? Go to Join us link below
COMMUNITY SUPPORT through COMMUNITY EFFORT - As an integral contributor through The Lions Club of Austinmer / Thirroul
We are the Lions
We meet the needs of our local communities, particularly the Northern Illawarra, and broader communities within Australia and the world.
The Club enjoys broad community support from many organisations, individuals and business in our area. Our members strive to provide help, advice, support and co-operation with the broader community in fund raising and service activities.
New members are always most welcome and would enjoy the social interaction of other like minded people in giving something back to their community. Talk to another Lion or observe and you will quickly want to be part of the largest world-wide volunteer organisation.
Join us in making our communities and the world better places to live.
Becoming a Lion
Lions club members are men and women who strive to make a difference in their local community as well as in communities worldwide.
Orientation for new members.
This presentation provides some background to the establishment of Lions and information about our Club, our District, Lions Australia and Lions International. New members are recommended to read this and discuss with current members or at a club meeting.